After usage, you can easily empty and store away your pool in a safe place. Some pool owners, however, choose to leave their pool up all year round. In cold areas, where freezing temperatures occur, there can be a risk of ice damage to your pool. We therefore recommend you drain, disassemble, and properly store the pool, when the temperature drops below 32 degrees Fahrenheit (0 degrees Celsius).
1. Clean the pool water thoroughly.
2. Remove the skimmer (if applicable) or any accessories attached to the threaded strainer connector. Replace strainer grid if necessary. Be sure all accessories parts are clean and completely dry before storage.
3. Plug the Inlet and Outlet fitting from the inside of the pool with the plug provided (sizes 16' and below). Close the Inlet and Outlet Plunger Valve (sizes 17' and above).
4. Remove the ladder (if applicable) and store in a safe place. Be sure the ladder is completely dry before storage.
5. Remove the hoses that connect the pump and filter to the pool.
6. Add the appropriate chemicals for the winter period. Consult your local pool dealer as to which chemicals you should use and how to use them. This can vary greatly by region.
7. Cover pool with Polygroup® Pool Cover.
8. Clean and drain the pump, filter housing, and hoses. Remove and discard the old filter cartridge. Keep a spare cartridge for the next season.
9. Bring pump and filter parts indoors and store in a safe and dry area, preferably between 32 degrees Fahrenheit (0 degrees Celsius) and 104 degrees Fahrenheit (40 degrees Celsius).